Sunday, January 11, 2009

Introduction to Me...

My name is Suzanne. I was born and raised in a little town called Cheltenham in England. I moved here 7 years ago on December 6th. That was one of the best and worst days of my life, I had to leave my family and friends behind but i was given the chance to become a totally different person with an immensely different future. I live with my Mum, Dad, Brother Chris and my German Shepard Peppa. I go to Broward College and am studying to become a Physical Therapist. I have the best job in the world, I work at The Swim Academy teaching kids of all ages how to swim. I started swimming way before i can even remember, in fact my dad always says that i learned how to swim before i learnt how to walk. When i moved to America i joined Comets Swim Team and started swimming competitively. I loved it! The thrill and excitement of standing on that block and working my butt off everyday for one second less got me through so many hard times. I made so many great friends on that team, however i decided to quit after 6 years of swimming and became a teacher. I still swim almost everyday, just not competitively. I have gotten most of what i wanted out of the sport and now i want to give other kids the chance to fall in love with it just as much as i did. I joined The Swim Academy as just another employee teaching kids to swim to the wall and take breaths, but i have worked my way up to be the head coach of the Sea lions Swim Club and the Office Manager. Which i have to say i am quite proud of. I love being a Coach, being able to talk to kids about swimming and share my experiences and opinions to them every other day is awesome. I care about each and every one of them and feel so great when they improve on the smallest and largest of things!



I have great prospects for the future which i would not have if i did not move to this country. I hope to continue to coach swimming. I also want to go into Physical Therapy and i am currently working towards getting my DPT after i have completed my courses at BC. I hope to marry my high school sweetheart one day, Travis and I have been dating for 3 years this December and i couldnt be more in love with him. He is my rock and my support system and my best friend! I love him so much. I hope to move out of Florida, not the greatest fan of it here but its ok for now. I hope to go to England next year to visit my Nan, she was diagnosed with peritonial cancer in her liver last year and is starting Chemo soon. I get very scared thinking about it but i am told she has great chances and will almost definatly make it through.

Well thats it for now.
Love you Nan!! Miss You!!

4 comments:

  1. Suzanne. Wow! I remember you from high school and I never knew that you were from England! That must be an amazing place to grow up! I hope to visit there one day soon. Congratulations on finding love with your high school sweetheart, Travis. Many people, myself included, are not fortunate enough (yet) to say the same. And good luck and many blessings to your Nan. I have had many family members diagnosed with cancer so I can empathize. Take Care!
    ~Tiffany

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey how do i add my profile to the class

    ReplyDelete
  3. HEYYYY how funny that we have the same class. Hope everything is going well with you and that you do well this semester. I remember in high school when you would talk about your Nan and you shared pictures and everything with us. Take care ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. awww, thanks for the compliments on my daughter.well i moved to florida from virginia because it seems like trouble follows me while im back home in hampton..ya kno, old friends that isnt really work a heck..but i love florida, the weather is gorgeous and so is the beaches...look forward to knowing more about you..

    later.

    ReplyDelete