Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Busy Bee

Its amazing how easy it is to let things slip away...like weekly homework and blogging- opps But i will catch up. Alaska was amazing! We got there thursday evening and it snowed the first day and then everyday throughout our weeks vacation. It was amazing how clean and fresh the air was compared to here in Florida. We went to the Zoo on the friday and took Travis' sister Andrea to horse back riding lessons. We went up to Fairbanks on the train which took 12 hours! But it was really fun, we were lucky enough to see a wild wolf attach a herd of mountain sheep- but they got away luckily. When we got up to fairbacnks there was a huge blizzard that we had to drive through to get to Chena Hot Springs resort which was where we would be staying for 3 days. There they had a natural hot spring right out in the open. It was sooo nice and warm there. The last few days we hung out on base. Travis' mom is in the Air Force and that is why she moved over there, but it was so big and nice and safe. We went tubing at the ski mountain on base, which was a ton of fun! Anyway, we have decided to go back there in the summer if i can take the time off work. Terri is going to be sent to Afganistan in January so we would really like to see her before she goes and help her get things ready.

3 comments:

  1. Cool you went to Alaska. I have never seen snow before. the farthest i have ever been from florida was to Hawaii.That train ride must have suckked to be on it for 12 hours. I would have gone crazy. Good luck to your friend Terri, I also have two family memebers being shipped to Afghanistan. bye

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow what an amazing trip....I cant say I have ever had so much fun and experienced so much on a trip...lol by the way sorry I sound like a kindergardener..."sit next to me in class"..lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think im going to need to lol, The girl that sits next to me alex wont let anyone else get a word it and its getting kind of annoying, shes my friend and everything and she is such a sweet person but she can really get annoying when she talks so much and so loud.

    ReplyDelete